Effective Date: 4.28.14
Information We Collect
3. If you become a Registered User of the Website or request information from North American, we will obtain personally identifiable information from you that may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, zip code, and facts about your business. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to become Registered Users.
4. When you visit the Website, North American automatically receives and records information on its server logs from your browser, including your IP Address, information collected by cookies (see “Cookies” section below), and the page you request.
How We Use and Share The Information We Collect
5. If you provide us with your email address, we may use it to communicate with you. For example, we may want to inform you about content relevant to your interests, about new features and material on our site, to request your opinion on matters concerning the site, and to make you aware of highlights in our products or services. You can opt out of receiving these communications from us at any time by writing to email@example.com.
6. North American reserves the right to send Registered Users maintenance emails, including but not limited to, service confirmation, renewal/expire notice, and infrequent service alert messages, regardless of whether you have opted in or opted out of any regular email list that may be offered through the Website. The purpose of these maintenance email messages will be to inform users of the Website of specific changes that may impact their ability to use this Website.
7. Site usage information helps us to evaluate how our visitors and Registered Users use and navigate the Website on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and Registered Users to each web page, and the length of their visits.
8. We may use information that we collect in the following ways:
a.for the purposes for which you specifically provided the information including, but not limited to, enabling us to process, validate and verify registrations and transactions; b.to cross reference the material in our database with your interests to send you customized announcements of content that is explicitly relevant to your interests; c.to send you email notifications about products or services, or to otherwise contact you; d.to enhance existing features or develop new features, products or services; and e.in any other ways that are in compliance with this policy as it may be amended from time to time.
9. We may share information that we collect with the following entities:
a.third party service providers who help us with email notifications; b.third party analytics companies. These third parties receive aggregate, not-user-specific, information about our usage patterns; and c.federal, state and local governments agencies and bodies who provide us with valid information requests, subpoenas or court orders.
Children Under 13
10. If you are a person under the age of 13, we do not want to receive any personal information about you - including, but not limited to, your name, address or email address. North American does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as reasonably possible.
12. North American does not control the privacy policies of our business partners, suppliers or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
13. North American uses "cookies" to identify return visitors. A "cookie" is a small file that we save on your computer’s hard drive. It contains no personal information, like your name or email address, but "remembers" that your computer has visited this site before. So if you leave the site and then return, cookies will be able to detect what questions you have already answered so that you do not have to start all over again. This technology may allow you to connect directly to password protected areas of our Website (bypassing login), save your password so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit our site, and in the future, may be used to personalize your experience in visiting the Website. To accept cookies, go into your browser preferences and check that cookies are being accepted. You can also turn off the "cookie" function through most standard browsers though that may affect your use of this Website.
Do Not Track Statement
14. “Do Not Track” or DNT refers to technology that Internet users can employ to block the tracking of their browsing activity by analytics companies, advertising networks, and other such entities. North American does not track Website visitors or Registered Users across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. North American also does not allow third parties to track your behavior when you are on this Website. As a result, North American does not respond to DNT signals.
Processing in the U.S.
15. This Website is intended for visitors and Registered Users from the United States and is not intended for an international audience. All data collected through the Website will be stored and processed in the U.S. on our servers in Glenview, Illinois.
North American Corporation of Illinois Attn: Marketing 2101 Claire Court Glenview, Illinois 60025
Phone: (847) 832-4000 or 800-323-0297 Fax: (847) 832-4010 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org